|Photo: POGS-Southern Mindanao Chapter|
As mandated by Presidential Proclamation 569, the National Day for Pregnant Women aims to promote the needs of pregnant women in order to have a healthier pregnancy. This objective is also reflected to this year's theme, "Kadakilaan at Malasakit ng Ina: Tulay sa Magandang Kinabukasan". The annual event also aims to recognize all pregnant women who are considered heroes in their own right as they bring and nurture another life into the world.
This year marks the fourth year of VYLH-Philippines' participation to the Buntis Day. The network first participated in this annual celebration in 2012 which coincided with the successful attempt of the Philippines, led by POGS to obtain the Guinness World Record on the Largest Prenatal Class held in multiple locations.
- POGS Chapters and our contact persons: Dr. Amelita Jover (BAYCOG), Dr. Fritzie Tenorio (Lipa/POGS-STC); Dr. Luz Cambonga (POGS-Cebu); (POGS-SMC); (POGS-Panay)
- Newborn Screening Center Visayas
- Newborn Screening Center Mindanao
- Municipal Health Office of Los Banos, Laguna
- VYLH-Philippines volunteers and Secretariat: Katrina Gurro, Robin Charles Ramos, Aple Dowanie Tadlas (Davao); Emil Martin Pelias (Cebu); Floyd Edrea, Anna Leah Millares (Iloilo), Elaine Dimayuga (Lipa City, Batangas), Rufus Adducul, Maris Cura, Mark Tulisana, Marian Teresa Cuenca (Manila); Kraniel Papera, Jerome Florendo (Los Banos, Laguna)